Wildlife Care

Pet care involves pet owners looking after their pets no matter what type of creatures they might be and making sure that they receive any necessary veterinarian attention. Animal welfare is different. It usually relates to the care and treatment of wild animals and birds such as those which have been hit by cars or injured in some other way.

What should I do if I find a sick or injured animal?

If you find a sick or injured wild animal we recommend you take it to the nearest animal rescue haven where treatment is usually free. The vets who work at these havens have more experience with native animals than most pet care vets. Visit the PetRescue Shelter Directory for a list of approved wild animal rescue havens in WA.